Are you looking for a content writer to improve your website SEO? Hiring the right content writer for your business website and blog is very crucial.
Although it is very easy to find a content writer for SEO on the Internet, in case you end up with a bad choice, you won’t just be wasting money, you will be wasting your precious time and you will also end up with lots of poor-quality content.
Before I discuss other aspects of choosing the right content writer for not just SEO but also for your overall website conversion rate, let me quickly list 20 qualities to look for before deciding.
20 qualities to look for when you are about to hire a content writer for SEO
- He or she should be a prolific writer.
- Must have excellent command over the language he or she is writing in.
- Your content writer should have very strong research skills.
- Having a strong social media presence is a definite plus.
- He or she should be a fast learner.
- Your content writer should know the intricacies of SEO.
- Your content writer should also understand your need for better conversion rate.
- He or she should understand and acknowledge the importance of quality content.
- Your content writer for SEO must have great proofreading skills.
- He or she should be aware of the concept of following writing style guides.
- Your content writer must be able to strike a balance between keyword optimization and high-quality content.
- Having his or her website is a great plus.
- Having his or her own blog that is regularly updated is a very big plus.
- He or she should have a great response time.
- Your content writer must be a great communicator.
- He or she should be able to understand your business needs.
- He or she should be able to write on vertically-focused topics.
- Your content writer must have a conversational yet impeccable writing style.
- He or she should have a very strong bias against plagiarism.
- Your content writer should be reachable through multiple modes – email, phone and instant messaging.
These qualities of an SEO content writer will ensure a steady supply of great-quality content for your website or blog for a long time.
What is the greatest challenge businesses face, when looking for a content writer for SEO?
Accountability is the greatest challenge businesses all over the world face when looking for a content writer for SEO, or rather, a content writer for any other business writing need.
The problem is, very few business-decision-makers, especially those people who are controlling content marketing departments in various companies, are aware of quality content. When they are looking for a content writer, their primary concern is improving search engine rankings through the so-called “optimized content”.
So, when they see that a content writer can cleverly use keywords and key phrases within the content, they think that they should hire this particular writer.
This is not a clever decision.
If you are serious about content marketing and also about organically improving your search engine rankings, you should look for a writer who is more interested in writing quality content than simply improving your search engine rankings.
Without quality content search engine rankings don’t matter. No matter how great your SEO is, unless your content converts, the writing doesn’t matter.
Consequently, they go with ANY writer. When they go with ANY writer, more often than not, they end up with an unreliable SEO writer, and again, consequently, they end up blaming the entire expertise for their own decision.
I have personally seen that writers who don’t understand content writing are not reliable. They are providing their services simply because it’s easier to provide writing services on the Internet. For them, it is not a business. Their stakes are not high. Many are doing content writing when they are between jobs or when they have got nothing better to do.
It is always better to go with a content writer or content writing service that’s a business.
So, the biggest challenges that businesses face while trying to hire a content writer for SEO are:
- Not having a clear idea of what quality content is.
- Hiring wrong content writer due to the lack of a clear idea of what quality content is.
How can a trained SEO content writer improve your search engine rankings as well as conversion rate?
- How to do keyword research.
- How to optimize your content for appropriate keywords and search terms.
- How to organize your content for search engine optimization.
- Possibly, how to help you promote your content.
Agreed, capabilities mentioned above require greater expertise than a normal content writer can provide you, but if you can get all these expertise from a single source, it will be good for your business as well as your SEO.
Why keyword research is important before content writing?
Thorough keyword research gives you a direction and keeps you focused. It also gives you a clear idea of for whom you will be writing your content.
Suppose you are selling study tables. Will people be just searching for “study tables”? No, they may search for terms like
study table for kids
buy study table online
small study table
study table home delivery
study table with chair
wooden study table
bedside study table
folding study table
study table with cartoon characters
animal shaped study table
… and so on.
If you want people using these search terms to come to your website (assuming you are selling study tables) then you will be optimizing web pages and blog posts using these search terms.
But then, getting people using these search terms to your web pages and blog posts will only benefit you if many among them buy study tables from you.
This is where high-quality content matters.
Whatever people are searching for, if they are not happy with your content, they will go back and look for another website.
Anyway, once you have a list of keywords, you know what content you need to generate. You know what questions you need to answer. You know what things to tell people.
This is why it’s very important to have as comprehensive as possible a list of keywords before you start preparing (or your content writer) SEO content.
A trained content writer understands your need to optimize your content for your keywords as well as have relevant, engaging content that turns visitors into customers and clients.
Normally, when people are looking for a content writer for SEO, somehow, they end up neglecting the conversion part. Remember that the conversion rate of your content is as important as its ability to draw targeted traffic from search engines.