Every business depends on customers and clients. Even if you’re not a business but a non-profit organisation or a not-for-profit business, you need funds and donations and for that you need the maximum number of people feeling a connection with your cause. Having a for-profit business is no different. Content writing can help you establish a connection between the audience that you seek and the audience that seeks you.
Why content writing keeps the old customers coming back to you
This is how constant content writing keeps your old customers coming back and doing business with you
- They remember how helpful your website was the first time:
First impression is normally the lasting impression. If they have a good experience when they come to your website for the first time, if they find all the information they need written in an understandable language, they will keep this in mind.
- Content writing provides them all the answers: Whenever they seek an answer they can find it on your website because you’re constantly creating new content for your website. I assume that when you write content for your website you are actually creating knowledge base rather than simply creating gibberish. If you just want to create nonsensical text to improve your search engine rankings than this blog post is not for you.
- People eagerly subscribe to your updates: When they find well-written content on your website they eagerly subscribe to your email updates. They would like to know what new offers you have, how well you are describing your new products and services and just in case you have something they need.
- They closely follow your social media updates: Everybody uses social media these days (or social networking websites). You will hardly come across someone these days who isn’t on Facebook or Twitter (or both). Through well-targeted content writing you can encourage your existing customers to follow you wherever you post your content, whether on social media websites or social networking websites.
- Quality content writing encourages your existing customers to promote your content: They promote your content for the goodness of it. Why do people promote content? Why do people share links on their social networking timelines? They want to share something interesting, something useful to their friends and followers. If what you give them is interesting and useful, they will automatically share it.
- They feel you understand their problems: Constantly writing content for your website makes your existing customers feel like you understand their problems and you want to provide them solutions. You’re constantly talking to them through your content writing.
Why content writing gets you more new customers
- They are immediately hooked to your website content: It’s very easy to bring people to your website and very difficult to keep them there. If you don’t write quality content for your website on a regular basis, if you don’t pay heed to the copy of your homepage and your important landing pages, you won’t be able to keep people on your website for more than a couple of seconds. In order to make sales you HAVE to keep people on your website for as long as it takes and the best way of doing this is, giving them awesome content.
- They can make informed decisions by reading your content: You shouldn’t be shoving your own decisions down their throats. Provide them the information they seek. Provide this information through writing informative content. Then let them decide. Empower them with decision-making and give them all the tools they need right there on your website.
- They find all the answers you’re looking for:
Indecision can be bad for your business. Confusion can be distracting. The moment your customers feel they cannot find the answers they are looking for, they’re going to move elsewhere. Even if they don’t intend to, just to find the answer they want, they will leave your website and even if they don’t find the answer at the other place, there is a remote chance that they will come back to your website even if initially they had intended to do business with you. So if you’re constantly writing content in order to provide them the answers they seek, you will make sure they stay on your website.
- They come across your content when it is shared by your existing customers: Writing interesting content, as already mentioned above, encourages your existing customers to share it on their social networking and social media timelines. This highlights your content in front of people who have never come to your website, consequently, bringing you new visitors.
- Content writing improves your search engine rankings: Better search engine rankings don’t mean more sales since once people are on your website what matters is the quality of the content you have written, but they do help in getting you new visitors because after all, it’s these visitors that eventually turn into customers. When you’re constantly writing quality content for your website it begins to have a positive impact on your search engine rankings (because you end up covering important stuff that the search engines may feel, is important).
- They consider you an authority on your subject: People prefer to do business with people they consider having an authority on the concerned subject. This might not be true for an e-commerce website because they are not based on individual branding but if you are selling something like books as an author or your services (for instance I am a content writer and hence sell my content writing services) it helps you tremendously if you can establish yourself as an authority figure through regular, authoritative content writing.