On this web page you’re going to learn what’s the difference between an SEO content writer and a normal content writer.
An SEO content writer
- Writes content for better search engine rankings.
- Focuses on conversion at the same time.
- Consequently, focuses on quality and relevance.
- Helps you reduce your bounce rate.
- Uses keywords for their relevance.
- Additionally, does whatever a normal content writer does.
A normal content writer
- Writes well-written content.
- Is good for informative content writing.
- Does good research.
- Provides original content.
- Provides focused content.
- Ensure that content is error free and professional.
- Can also be a competent and effective copywriter.
The basic difference between an SEO content writer (if you are looking for one) and a normal content writer is that the former understands how to create content, without making it spammy, in order to improve your search engine rankings legitimately.
Of course, “legitimately” may differ from search engine to search engine but it’s Google that normally sets the benchmark for what is good and what is bad when it comes to ranking your website. Here are some SEO guidelines for content writers.
Personally I believe every good content writer takes care of your SEO aspect automatically, naturally.
For instance, although I don’t promote myself as an SEO expert, many of my clients hire me as their content writer because they want to improve their search engine rankings and they realize that my content can achieve that for them.
Should you specifically hire an SEO content writer?
You should hire a content writer that can help you improve your SEO by creating high quality content.
That content writer doesn’t necessarily have to promote himself or herself, as an “SEO content writer”.
Again, there is nothing wrong in the terminology.
Not every content writer can help you improve your rankings.
In fact he or she may even harm your SEO unknowingly by putting more stress on your rankings and less stress on the value your content provides to your customers and clients.
Listed below are a few things your SEO content writer must focus on in order to improve your search engine rankings without incurring the wrath of the various updates Google keeps on releasing every six months.
- Focus on one, or at the most two primary keywords at a time
- Incorporate your longtail and LSI keywords intelligently in natural language
- Write in a language and a style used by your target audience
- Use keywords that your target audience uses while creating content
- Let the keywords appear naturally rather than forced
- Use your keywords in the beginning of the title of the webpage or the blog post seamlessly
- Strategically place your primary and longtail keywords within the headline tags
- If possible, use your primary and longtail keywords within bulleted lists
- Link to other important pages on your website or blog and use your keywords as hyperlinked text
Please remember that your content writer can take care of all the above-mentioned things despite creating lousy content.
That won’t help you much and this doesn’t make him or her a worthy SEO content writer.
Your SEO content writer needs to put your users first
Ultimately it’s your customers and clients who will be doing business with you and not the search engines.
No amount of good rankings are going to help you if your prospective customers and clients aren’t inspired to do business with you. Conversion rate is of utmost importance.
So when creating content, your content writer must first focus on creating compelling content that aims at converting visitors into paying customers and clients.
Once that has been ensured, he or she should start incorporating your keywords while taking care that the quality of the content isn’t diminished. This can be a double-edged sword and this is where the experience of a content writer matters.
Whereas a normal content writer, no matter how well he or she can write, won’t be able to incorporate your keywords without sounding manipulative, your SEO content writer will be able to incorporate them seamlessly and naturally.
How to choose between an SEO content writer and a normal content writer?
Good search engine rankings are very important for your business and this cannot be denied.
Search engine rankings cannot be improved without quality content.
You can very soon find yourself trapped in a vicious loop if your content writer neither understands the importance of quality content writing nor how quality content writing impacts your SEO.
When it comes to making a choice, go for a good content writer who is a talented writer.
Good content automatically takes care of your SEO.
When you are hiring a content writer for your business make sure that your writer is a passionate writer and he or she loves to communicate, and knows how to do that.
Your content writer should also be a fast learner. Writing for the web is totally different from writing for conventional print media.
He or she should be able to write in simple but impressive language. He or she should also know how to write smaller sentences, but with a convincing tone.
Before hiring a content writer for your business whether you want to improve your SEO or general quality of your content, if you have time, increase your own understanding of how search engine rankings work.
Search engine ranking these days no longer depend on “optimized content” or “SEO content”.
It depends on quality content, on the relevance of your content.
Work with a content writer who totally understands how important the quality of your content is. The rest, for example the SEO, is taken care of on its own.